It's ALWAYS been the problem!
This talk will look at the product owner role on an Agile team from a Pragmatic product management perspective. Many software development companies rely on their product management organizations to represent the needs of customers and the market. Concentration on problems, the people who have them, and the circumstances under which they experience those problems is what makes the marriage of Pragmatic product management and Agile so valuable. This presentation will describe how the Pragmatic approach to the MRD gives the Agile product owner a headstart and the entire Agile team an edge.
This talk will be a Keynote-based discussion: a) Product Ownership vs Product Management (5 mins) b) The often overlooked reason for so many failed waterfall projects (5 mins) c) An Overview of Pragmatic Product Management (10 mins) d) Before the Backlog … The Market Requirements Document (10 mins) d) Transforming the MRD to a Product Backlog (10 mins) e) A team’s collective understanding of value (5 mins) f) Questions (throughout)
- the difference between Product Ownership vs Product Management
- about Pragmatic ‘Requirements that Work’
- the importance of problems in context
- how Personae, Problems, and Scenarios map to Stories
- the value of a team’s collective understanding of value in context